divx problem

C

cam

hey fellas.

its been a while since this forum saw my face, but im in another situation i cant seem to figure out.. so i put to you noble gentlemen of ntfs.org !

i have a divx movie that i had previously watched many times, burned it to a cd, watched it many times.. the file is fine.

now, i attempted watch it yesterday with wmp, mv2 player and divx player. wmp and mv2 wouldnt even open the file. divx player would go about 15 minutes or so into the film and then stop playing.

any ideas? ive tried reinstalling divx, mv2 etc. but its not really helping.

Are you certain that you have the correct Video and Audio codecs installed that the video was encoded with?

where could i download a zip file or something of all of the codecs?

in short, im not sure if i do or not, and id like to rule that possibility out.

You should check out doom9.org
and pick up ffdshow and all the xvid and what not codecs. Also google and do all in one codec pack. i forget the name but i think its nemo or something like that.
hope this helps..

There's a pack you can download, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called, I know someone else will know that one..

Something else that you can try though, do any other movies have the same problem.. to rule it out being a problem with this particular file?
Also are you watching the file straight from CD or copying it to your hard disk then watching it?

ive updated all codecs and its still not working.. other movies are playing fine, oddly enough.

i usually copy it from the cd to the hard disk.

I suggest downloading VirtualDub (free) and running the video through that. If there is some kind of error, it will give you a descriptive message that should help you out. You can post the message here afterwards if you like.

http://www.virtualdub.org

One more thing... are you playing the file straight from the CD? If so, have you tried copying the video file onto the hard drive and then playing it? Just thought it might be something as simple as a scratched disc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back