DivX Pro for free Limited Time

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Just got mine, via download squad

DivX is giving away copies of the DivX Pro 6 bundle again. Normally this package will cost you $20, but for the second time this year, DivX is offering up the Pro bundle at the low low price of nothing.

The package includes the DivX Pro codec, the DivX file converter, content upload, video player and web player. The free download comes in Mac and Windows flavors. You'll need to enter your email address to get a free registration code.

While it's not clear how long the free download will be available, it's billed as a limited time "holiday offer." So we're going to go out on a limb and say that you'll probably want to register your software before Christmas unless you've got $20 burning a hole in your pocket.

Direct link to download http://www.divx.com/dff/index.php?version=win

I posted because of the free offer. I like using the converter for movies and such. I also like the web player for watching streaming movies on Firefox.

i dont care for the player, i use media player classic for that.

Last edited:
so why is this player better then other players?

the pack has the divx pro codec... better than the reg version

btw.. anyone know if this offer lasts forever, support updates and such? (i mean i know the free download its time limited, but, once u dl it the code works forever?)

the pack has the divx pro codec... better than the reg version

btw.. anyone know if this offer lasts forever, support updates and such? (i mean i know the free download its time limited, but, once u dl it the code works forever?)

Apparently, yes, It is a gift from DivX that why it could be taken down at any time. Just don't lose your serial number that was emailed to you. :) the updates should be fine

the link its still working as of 12/13/07

how long it take to get the code - been an hour since i installed it and no email yet :(

hmmm - wonder if its because i installed it at about 7:30 am GMT - and they all still asleep in US (well parts of anyway) if not their email system aint working

hmmm - wonder if its because i installed it at about 7:30 am GMT - and they all still asleep in US (well parts of anyway) if not their email system aint working
it's got to be automated I think carpo

try again with a differant email address

I had a similar problem. I waited over 12 hours for the serial# email. Finally I changed my email address from ...@yahoo.co.uk to a non-free one and then I finally got the email. Maybe it does not like registering with free email addresses (incidentally I seemed to have the same problem registering for this forum).

To change your email address just re-install from your previous download and then deselect all the components (as you have already installed them) and then enter the new email address when you get to that prompt.

Hope this helps.

grrr - i even checked spam settings on ISP side and its set to low - even checked thunderbird log - all clean, think i have a spare email somewhere so will try it

edit: strange msn email addy had it within seconds - thanks perris

yup.. got mine right away too at my gmail address

Still working. Thanks for letting us know about it. :)

yup.. got mine right away too at my gmail address

Yup same here. And with gmail I'll just leave the e-mail there and I have the serial for as long as gmail exists. So if I ever need to look up the serial it's easy to get to. :)

it was my isp's fault - under spam settings i had it set to tag what it though was spam as [SPAM]-msg , instead somehow it was changed to delete, so it was deleting the email from divx - as the email i forwarded from gmail was tag as spam after i changed the setting back

To say i was not happy with my isp would be slightly under stated, i have the email and serial now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back