DIVX or XVID? and which encoder?

razor_ro

OSNN Addict
DIVX2DVD, i like this program but i dont think it can do multiple DIVX files on one DVD,.... is this possible? anyone know a good tool for that? i heard DVD SANTA is good... i also heard that XVID is better than DIVX, should start encoding to XVID? and is there a good XVID2DVD program that does multiple files to DVD? thanks

RaZoR

fyi... i have a ton of boxin fights encoded to DIVX with avg bitrate af about 850kb with sound at avg 160kb, ... the quality is pretty good, i am content but i want better and i only have about 200gbs to play with, so i am running out,.... i gotta start backing up to DVD so i can watch on dvd players aswell, so i gotta find a good encoder too,

and...

i forgot to mention that i am usually converting from MPG, AVI (uncompressed i guess) and some XVID aswell, the sizes for MPG/AVI are usually 600mb, i get them down to about 350-400mbs after conversion using Dr Divx 1.6 w/ 850kb/s video and 192kb/s sound ... with XVID i get about 250mbs after conversion....

RaZoR

If you are interested with coming away from those all in one tools, I suggest you give TMPEGEnc a try. DVD is simply authored MPEG. I don't use all in one tools because it doesn't give me very much flexiblity with my movies. I suggest heading over to www.videohelp.com and look at all the ways and tools to do what you want to do ... but do it better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back