Divx is upside down

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
all my divx vids nad mpeg vids are upside down in media player nad wimanp, they only play right in divx player. i have the more recent codec and just installed, i tryed the older ones and it is the same problem.
this just started when i installed the new codecs. can someone help me fix this??

There must be a setting somewhere for that codec maybe? I only use the Nimo Codec Pack, that has everything I need. But if you start mixing and matching it'll start going wrong. I would uninstall all codecs you have and just get the Nimo pack. Hope that helps :)

It is the codecs. Try getting the Nimo codec pack and see if that helps.

or if you already have the nimo codec pack...then you installed one of the codecs you shouldn't have....i can't remember what it's called, but it is only for use if your videos are upside down (may have caused your videos to mess up) but if you haven't...go for it, install :)

One solution: Grab FFDShow Filter at http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html
Install it and configure using configuration at start menu. At the miscellaneous menu, tick "flip video" and apply it.

Another solution: If you're comfortable with the Windows registry, then locate this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Scrunch\WMVideo\Vertical Flip Packed YUV
and then set the DWORD value of this registry key to 1.

*If the above key doesn't exist, then you can create it.

Yet another solution: Use the Sasami player, it has an option to flip video.

I have had the problem. I found out the issue was due to VobSub or programs that are smilar to it. So if you installed any software that you might have used for sub titles. I would uninstall it and see what happens
Polar

Originally posted by polarbear_ak
I have had the problem. I found out the issue was due to VobSub or programs that are smilar to it. So if you installed any software that you might have used for sub titles. I would uninstall it and see what happens
Polar

This is true, VobSub can cause this issue. Still, the other options I suggested should take care of ya. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back