Divx 5

V

V12Kid

Does anyone have the new codec without that dumb Playa thing you have to download? Im looking to upgrade but dont want the player that it comes with.

:cool:

if you download the file, you can choose not to install the playa :)

i got a retail version of divx 5.0 , i must say this is damn good.. anyway, it comes up with divx player 2.0 alpha not playa../ and divx player runs avi files much much much better than windows media player.. lets say if u fast forward an avi file, the movie wont laggy, it is just not like how the wmp plays it

I, too, have the retail ver.

When I installed it I automatically got the 2.0 alpha.

I am with you, now I can dump the dumb playa thing.:D

btw, divx.com allows u to download the codec only without getting the playa (when it was version 4xx)

Re: I, too, have the retail ver.

Originally posted by LPDad
When I installed it I automatically got the 2.0 alpha.

I am with you, now I can dump the dumb playa thing.:D

I've read some information about 2.0 alpha on the swedish site, http://www.sweclockers.com

And that is that there are a serious memory leak in that program, use another one :)

divx player 2.0 takes sometimes to load at a first time... but still a good program since it is on its alpha stage

i have the same problem that i have with divx player 2 beta that i do with tha playa. When i forward a movie it the audio gets out of sync with the video. Dont have that problem with power divx though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back