Divx 5.0.2

vivid_vibe

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi everyone,

I recently installed Divx 5.0.2 on Win XP Pro system. For some reason, alot of Divx video files I have downloaded do not have sound. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there perhaps a setting I have misconfigured? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

vivid

Does this happen to all movies or only a few?

If it happens only to a selected few, it is most likely a problem with the file itself.

Standard mpeg and avi files play just fine with sound. It just seems to be files encoded using divx that don't have any sound. I'm trying some tests. Thanks for your speedy reply though.

vivid

get this "Nimo50Build7" ...there is a newer build (build8) get the build 7 ....build8 causes problems with XviD

Right click the file > properties > advanced, check if the audio codec is Windows Media ...
i've had this before now, I got the nimo codec pack (as burpster suggests above) and all worked fine afterwards. :)

Yeah... its because these DivX are encoded in DivX ;-) and not DivX 4 or DivX 5

DivX ;-) was known as 3.12 and was highly screwed =P

It had its own custom mp3 codec that nothing else seemed to be able to play :/

Nimo has the codec in its pack so that should solve your problem.

Btw... if it were XviD then you wouldn't get image but would probably still have the sound =P

Thanks Burpster. Those Nimo Codecs did the trick. Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions too. Later.

vivid

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back