• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Divx 5.0.2

vivid_vibe

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi everyone,

I recently installed Divx 5.0.2 on Win XP Pro system. For some reason, alot of Divx video files I have downloaded do not have sound. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there perhaps a setting I have misconfigured? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

vivid

Does this happen to all movies or only a few?

If it happens only to a selected few, it is most likely a problem with the file itself.

vivid_vibe

OSNN Senior Addict
Standard mpeg and avi files play just fine with sound. It just seems to be files encoded using divx that don't have any sound. I'm trying some tests. Thanks for your speedy reply though.

vivid

B

Burpster

get this "Nimo50Build7" ...there is a newer build (build8) get the build 7 ....build8 causes problems with XviD

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Right click the file > properties > advanced, check if the audio codec is Windows Media ...
i've had this before now, I got the nimo codec pack (as burpster suggests above) and all worked fine afterwards. :)

M

mbunny

Yeah... its because these DivX are encoded in DivX ;-) and not DivX 4 or DivX 5

DivX ;-) was known as 3.12 and was highly screwed =P

It had its own custom mp3 codec that nothing else seemed to be able to play :/

Nimo has the codec in its pack so that should solve your problem.

Btw... if it were XviD then you wouldn't get image but would probably still have the sound =P

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies