Diversity in North America

WolfShade

Ex-Xperiance Member
I am taking a class in university and one of the assignments is an Interview assignment. I have attacked this assignment in various ways, so far I have interview by mail, video and voice recorded. Then I had the idea, post it somewhere I trust, to people who would give honest answers. All questions are related to Culture and origin and for the purposes of this post I am primary looking for people who didn't always live in North America. Please keep it as professional as possible.

1. Where are you originally from?
  2. How would you describe yourself?
  3. What does the term "culture" mean to you?
  4. Is culture important to your identity? Why or Why not?
  5. What struggles are encountered by by those who want to keep their culture as an important part of their lives?
  6. Can you describe a situation where you were reminded of the differences that exist between cultures.
  7. In your opinion, what should police or other criminal justice personnel, learn about your culture or diver cultures in general, in order to provide better service.
  8. What in general do you find different in North America? could be anything from markets to waste.
Anything else you might want to add would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much everyone in advanced. Also, if you would rather keep your responses private you can email them to me. I am taking responses for a day or 2.

Thanks again,

Well I guess I can't win it all lol. Don't feel to bad EP no one seems to want to respond.

Living in NA now and not being from here is a show stopper. Living in Ft Worth I could give it to a few thousand illegals I bump inot every day but the original and the responses would be in spanish...

Message me if you get desperate and can use NA natives. I could write a very interesting response based on culture shocks relocating within the USA, not even having to be from outside the continent. Moving from Philadelphia to LA to Fort Worth was like visiting other planets. I was subjected to discrimination at work and in personal life just because of an East Coast accent, different work ethics and different ways of phrasing things. Scary.

Wouldn't have expected that. I don't get that having moved from England to Scotland.. ( Well beyond the friendly jabs anyway).

NA??!!? You mean NE? That is hilarious...I keep getting told I'm off the Reservation when I go East.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back