Distorted sounds during boot ...

W

webshogun

Hi .. i have a mate who has an XP 1700, A7V266 mb, vibra 128 sound card and running XP Pro and every time hes comp starts up the windows sounds are all distorted and totally static sounding. Now we replaced the sound card with a new one, same make, put XP Home also to see if PRO was the culprit but that didnt work, ive looked at microsofts, creatives and asus web site for a patch and any relevant info, but cant find nothing. Any ideas? Also the distorted sounds are only associated with all windows sounds e.g error, start up e.t.c, music playing from the cd-rom, but no distortions coming from any game he plays. Please advice.

:confused:

Just a thought, have you checked Volume panel? Perhaps Wave volume is turned up too high. Try turning it down and see what happens.

Yeah soz man .. forgot to mention, we tried all that tinkering also .. volume, wave e.t.c all settings any way

Try going back to Volume Panel. Try muting all of the outputs except wave. see if the prob is still there.

Also make sure that all of the recording inputs are muted.

Nope that didnt work either .. dosent anyone else have an idea .. im really lost here

have you tried putting the sound card in another computer to see if it works?

also, maybe the speakers are dying???

Well originally we discovered the card had a cracked capacitor, so we replaced it with a new card (same make) and it still did the same problems. And yes we have downloaded the latest drivers, but we sorted it out, he went out and bought a new card ( different make ) ROFL ...

thnx for all your help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back