???? display Nvidia

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I just installed a pci graphics card on this pos and it was using an on board ATI now after a few trys I got the new card installed,but this is my question There is in the hardware devices the ALI1451 pci to agp that I had to disable along with of course the display adapter (ATI) ...... in my direct x setup I no longer have AGP as a test its greyed out...... just direct draw and the 3D can be tested .......is this normal ...... the card is a tnt nvidia 16 mb velocity4400 ......... now if I want to lets say format and start fresh what stops windows from reinstalling that ALI chip? now that its running I kind of feel I would be better off with a clean install ,some games are not right (settings) any help on this I would appreciate?? Thanks in advance..........:(

sorry its ALI-1541 its the PCI to AGP controller........but that chip also is the CPU to PCI that is still enabled........

I just installed a pci graphics card on this pos...

You answered your own problem..

A PCI card Can't be AGP :), thats why there are PCI slots and AGP slots....it can't test or support AGP because you don't have an AGP card, hope that solves it for ya :)

hahaha

Hey Q yes I know but this is a step up for now I got my new 350watt case !!! I got my board 5 pci slots , 1 agp!!!! I got my RAM ........ I need my processor lolol see I am building a new machine ...... but yes I see now that the AGP controller needs to be disabled for now :0( but hey NHL2002 never looked better I had 4 mb hahahahahah now I have 16 on the velocity4400 with the new drivers from nvidia with the refresh rate fix installed thanks to you guys I grabbed them off the front page, so for now I am alot better off ........ just taking the time to purchase my parts for the new PUTER!!!! hey thanks just the same eh was kind of I knew the answer was not 100% sure deal ......... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back