display not shown in device manager

lynchknot

OSNN Senior Addict
I tried to install the new Omega drivers. It blue screened because, I think, I had it overclocked too much (208x11). There was a memory dump at blue screen and I lost all logins (safe mode, "last known good" and regular boot) so I had to run repair as I don't know another way to recover boot.

Now I cannot install display driver because the display (Mitsubishi 930sb) is not even showing up in device manager. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

missing2wj.jpg

update4wn.jpg

+

Last edited:
Thanks but I have the same drivers. How do I install them when there is no display? What do I associate the inf file with?

What does it show as enumerated for display at these locations in the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\DISPLAY

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY

hello thanks. There is no ControlSet002 but there is 003. As far as the rest go: (value not set)

Does DISPLAY key at any of those locations have a plus sign next to it?

Right click on the .inf file and choose install (once you've extracted it)

Another way is through Display properties. You end up in the same place.... but it triggers a wizard I think.

Right click on desktop, properties... then settings. Within settings click on advanced, then the monitor tab. Should still say default monitor, click on the Properties button. Switch to the Drivers tab - and update driver. Manually point it at the .inf file you extracted.

I can detail this better, but am ramming through some work today... typing fast and dirty. ;) Hope we work it out.

That is just the monitor file and would show up under monitors in device manager. The display tab should be showing the video adapter.

As you can see, the monitor is already installed.

Last edited:
Have you tried scanning in device manager to see if Windows will detect your video card?

In device manager highlight your computers name then right click and select scan for hardware changes.

I right clicked installed highlight scan for changes and this is all I see. Where is the monitor?:

the way i have solved this problem before is i would uninstall everything i can under system devices, mainly the agp stuff along with pci and the pci bridge. but once that is done. reinstall the chipset drives. then u can install the display driver.

that is how i normally fixed the problem

You don't need to install your monitor as it is already installed.

Reason I say that is the picture you posted shows the monitor as installed.

What you need to get is your video adapter to show up and right now you are not showing any video adapter under display tab in device manager.

Windows is using the VgaSave like it would if in safe mode.

You are thinking monitor should show under display in device manager but that is where your video adapter (card) should show up.

This was re-installing motherboard chipset drivers?

You could also try to go into boot options (F8) and instead of choosing safe mode choose Enable VGA Mode then see if you can install your video card drivers.

I am starting to wonder if, because of the problem you had, Windows is now refusing to install your video adapter.

Install standard ATI catalysts/nVidia ForceWare. Omega's releases have been getting worse and worse laterly with all kinds of problems caused after installation. The only 3rd part reg-tweaked drivers I recommend are UniAN for ati. nvidia owners dont need tweaked drivers.

LordOfLA. I need to have a display first I believe so that I can install graphics. My monitor is not being recognized so it's using "safe mode" drivers

lynchknot said:
My monitor is not being recognized so it's using "safe mode" drivers
Wrong....

It is your video card that is not being detected. The monitor will show up as soon as Windows installs your video card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back