Diskeeper

W

westy1

I have just installed Diskeeper 7.0, I have set it up as "set it and forget it" however I keep getting a box pop up saying that Diskeeper has detected that CHKDSK is scheduled to run.
PLease run CHKDSK/F.
I click start. run , chkdsk. but still the pop up box keeps coming up.
How do I get over this?

It would do this on my raid drive but it was configured wrong...

Sorry i know it does'nt help...

Right on. You'll like diskeeper. It will take several runs before it reallys starts clicking with XP's optimization cycle. After that though, it gets real quick.

hehe, yep.

My Diskeeper 7.0 defrags my whole drive, 10 GB of 40 GB in around 5 minutes. But I defrag daily...Keeps my disk defragmented!!

I have Smartdrive enabled and in the logs it defrags about twice a day and takes about 30 secs each time... Great defragger...

I am also using Diskeeper and I am impressed. The only problem I have, and its very annoying, is that it tries to defrag each time I boot. I have tried to stop this without success. Can any one tell me the prcedure I should follow?

David

"I am also using Diskeeper and I am impressed. The only problem I have, and its very annoying, is that it tries to defrag each time I boot. I have tried to stop this without success. Can any one tell me the prcedure I should follow?"

David,

It sounds like you have told Diskeeper to perform a boot time defrag on every boot. You can verify this if you launch Diskeeper and then click on Action and select Boot Time Defragmentation. You will be presented with a list of the partitions on your system. Highlight each one and look at the bottom of the screen to see if On Next Manual Boot has been selected. If so, then unselect and then Diskeeper shouldn't try to do the boot time defrag every time you boot. While I may know a great deal about Diskeeper, I don't work for Executive Software (I actually work for a competitor of theirs) and I would suggest looking in the help file for Boot Time Defrag as well as contacting their technical support team if you have any further questions regarding their boot time defrag feature.

If you are impressed with Diskeeper, then you might want to try PerfectDisk - the defragger that a lot of people eventually switch to :)

- Greg/Raxco Software

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility and a competitor to Diskeeper, as a systems engineer in the support department.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back