Diskeeper 7

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Anyone use this? I use it and love it as a defragger. I only use it manually, so I was wondering if I have to keep the Diskeeper service active, or can I disable it?

I use Diskeeper and love i, it works much better than Norton Speedisk or the native defragger. Like you I do it manually and have the service disabled on my main machine. On my second PC I have it set to automatically defrag and that also works well.

I have tried diskeeper and it's o.k. but i prefer roxio's perfect disk
because it allow's you scheduale a defrag ,and runs by itself afterwards with no hasle.:)

There are several ways to schedule Diskeeper to run automatically. There is an option in the program or you could always make it a scheduled task.

diskeeper 7.0

for those of you who have bought diskeeper. there is an update(build 407) . just install it over your current installation.

I have diskeeper 7, running in the background set to defrag every 2 hours, takes about 30 seconds or less, I just carry on with what I am doing.

"but i prefer roxio's perfect disk"

I'm glad to hear that you prefer PerfectDisk. However, PerfectDisk is from Raxco Software, not Roxio :)

- Greg/Raxco Software

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.

Originally posted by westy1
I have diskeeper 7, running in the background set to defrag every 2 hours, takes about 30 seconds or less, I just carry on with what I am doing.

2 HOURS your really running your pc 24/7.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back