Disk write caching disabled

T

Tokelil

When I run Bootvis from M$ to optimize my bootup time, it says when I run a trace under diskusage:
Warning: Disk write caching is disabled.

But I cant figure to enable it! :eek:
Any ideas?

Tokelil...go to ControlPanel>System>Hardware>DeviceManger>Select Your Hard Drive>Right click>properties>Policies Tab and Tick Enable Write Caching on the disk.

Right Click My Computer > Properties
go to the Hardware Tab
click the Device Manager Button
Expand disk drives, then double click your HD
click onto the policies tab

There is an option at the bottom to enable/disable write caching

lol...or like speedy_b said. There must be a hundred ways to get there, just as long as you get there:D

Right Click My Computer>Manage>Device Manger

Start Run>devmgmt.msc

Those are the quickest I can think of...Anybody know of a Winkey+whatever shortcut?

WinKey + Pause will get you to system properties :happy:

Knew that one Speedy_B...Just looking for the shortest shortcut:D Just for fun;)

It's a bug in bootvis - disregard the message. It will report Disk Write Caching disabled even when it is enabled.

Thanx guys!

Now while this seemed like noob question, I asked because I cant change anything in the properties section for my harddrive. (I remember changing those things in W2K) There are 2 options which both are grayed out, with the one for performance is selected. Guess thats the way it should be then...

Allan--> Thx, didnt know about that bug!

Thx again for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back