Disk on key undetected

Digdis

OSNN Addict
Political Access
Hi,
Got this Disk on key I got as a present (can't really tell the brand), which worked fine up until recently. Now, when I plug it in my PC's USB (and other PCs as well), it's not even detected. Anything I should do before I scrap it?
D.

Digdis said:
Hi,
Got this Disk on key I got as a present (can't really tell the brand), which worked fine up until recently. Now, when I plug it in my PC's USB (and other PCs as well), it's not even detected. Anything I should do before I scrap it?
D.

Don't throw it send it to me, I like to collect items that don't work then get them working.

LOL

Lee, he was asking for help to get it working for himself, Im guessing to get data off it..

Lee said:
Don't throw it send it to me, I like to collect items that don't work then get them working.
:) OK - next time I'm in the UK (maybe on the Chelsea-Barcelona game)
mlakrid said:
Lee, he was asking for help to get it working for himself, Im guessing to get data off it..
I basically wanna know if there's a way I can get it to work. I don't have anything important there.
D.

Last edited:
ok I stand corrected, chances are, its a gonner, they work or they dont, they dont have too much room for the gray area in between

Smash it against the wall. For some reason mine started working again after that. Go figure.

If you send it to Lee, make sure he pays for the shipping :eek:

/shakes runs.

mlakrid said:
ok I stand corrected, chances are, its a gonner, they work or they dont, they dont have too much room for the gray area in between
Thought so. Thanks.
D.

digdis, are you sure your usb ports are still working, check them with another device first.

lancer said:
digdis, are you sure your usb ports are still working, check them with another device first.
Yes, they are. Also, tried this device with more than one PC.
D.

well screw it then i was only trying to help!!

..... haha

Mastershakes said:
Smash it against the wall. For some reason mine started working again after that. Go figure.

If you send it to Lee, make sure he pays for the shipping :eek:

/shakes runs.

You Nora, he said he was coming to the UK to watch the Filth v's Barca, it's a 30p stamp and an envelope.

Why would it come by ship, when it can come by RM?

Mastershakes said:
LOL. Fair enough. 'The Filth' is which team?

Thought that was quite obvious.........

Chelsea are named 'The Filth' by Fulham FC.

So therefore if Barca are Barcelona then, blah blah blah!

Cool, thanks for explanation. I like their jerseys. didn't they win the premiereship a little while back? (Chelsea)

Back to the topic.

-Make sure if there is a security swicth on the keydrive it is set to enabled.

-Check to see if there is any pocket lint in the USB connector or if the pins are bent.

LeeJend said:
Back to the topic.

-Make sure if there is a security swicth on the keydrive it is set to enabled.

-Check to see if there is any pocket lint in the USB connector or if the pins are bent.
Nah - no security switch, or anything like this. Also opened to see if there were any loose contacts. Nothing helped. Never mind - was a cheap present anyway.

D.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back