• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Disk on key undetected

Digdis

OSNN Addict
Political User
#1
Hi,
Got this Disk on key I got as a present (can't really tell the brand), which worked fine up until recently. Now, when I plug it in my PC's USB (and other PCs as well), it's not even detected. Anything I should do before I scrap it?
D.
 
L

Lee

Guest
#2
Digdis said:
Hi,
Got this Disk on key I got as a present (can't really tell the brand), which worked fine up until recently. Now, when I plug it in my PC's USB (and other PCs as well), it's not even detected. Anything I should do before I scrap it?
D.
Don't throw it send it to me, I like to collect items that don't work then get them working.
 

Digdis

OSNN Addict
Political User
#4
Lee said:
Don't throw it send it to me, I like to collect items that don't work then get them working.
:) OK - next time I'm in the UK (maybe on the Chelsea-Barcelona game)
mlakrid said:
Lee, he was asking for help to get it working for himself, Im guessing to get data off it..
I basically wanna know if there's a way I can get it to work. I don't have anything important there.
D.
 
Last edited:

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
#5
ok I stand corrected, chances are, its a gonner, they work or they dont, they dont have too much room for the gray area in between
 
#6
Smash it against the wall. For some reason mine started working again after that. Go figure.

If you send it to Lee, make sure he pays for the shipping :eek:

/shakes runs.
 
L

Lee

Guest
#13
Mastershakes said:
Smash it against the wall. For some reason mine started working again after that. Go figure.

If you send it to Lee, make sure he pays for the shipping :eek:

/shakes runs.
You Nora, he said he was coming to the UK to watch the Filth v's Barca, it's a 30p stamp and an envelope.

Why would it come by ship, when it can come by RM?
 
L

Lee

Guest
#17
Mastershakes said:
LOL. Fair enough. 'The Filth' is which team?

Thought that was quite obvious.........

Chelsea are named 'The Filth' by Fulham FC.

So therefore if Barca are Barcelona then, blah blah blah!
 
#19
Back to the topic.

-Make sure if there is a security swicth on the keydrive it is set to enabled.

-Check to see if there is any pocket lint in the USB connector or if the pins are bent.
 

Digdis

OSNN Addict
Political User
#20
LeeJend said:
Back to the topic.

-Make sure if there is a security swicth on the keydrive it is set to enabled.

-Check to see if there is any pocket lint in the USB connector or if the pins are bent.
Nah - no security switch, or anything like this. Also opened to see if there were any loose contacts. Nothing helped. Never mind - was a cheap present anyway.

D.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,962
Messages
673,247
Members
89,017
Latest member
Seggar