Disk I/O Error

W

WiredBrain

I received a 'Disk I/0 Error' message. Is this a software or hardware error ?

I want to put the above mentioned hdd as the second hdd so that I can move the data to a new hdd. Anything that I need to know or cautioned of ?

test the drive with the makers test tool. i/o error is a sign the drive is dying.

Probably hardware. It could be IDE controller on MB, cables or HD. If the drive is SMART capable enable smart in bios and run the drive manufacturers diag utility.

Sometimes Windows will not like seeing 2 Boot drives in the computer. If that happens boot from floppy using drive manufacturers utility disk or partition magic.

read my post, the makers test tool, so you need to go to the 'makers' website and download the 'test tool'

i could tell you where to go, but you never post any details. so its really really hard to help you.

I'll try to find the address of the manufacturer's website but will I be prompted to choose between the 2 hdd when starting the pc ?

Yes, the diag tool will ask you which drive you want to test.

It could also be a slightly loose cable. It's happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back