Disjoining / Re-joining corporate domain

B

bodie

I have a notebook with XP pro on it which is part of a corporate domain for my work. I would like to try and network this to my home PC (also XP Pro) which is not networked. If I create a new workgroup for a home network (peer to peer) do I have to disjoin the corporate domain for my laptop in order to join the workgroup? I don't really want to do this as I think I will lose the ability to logon to the LAN at work, and could also disable my machine certificate for my VPN. I need to get the 2 machines to transfer data either via crossover cable or via a hub, but don't want to risk trashing the work pc. Any suggestions????

Try connecting them as is, and don't change workgroups, and set up either an ftp, or just type \\<ip address> in the explorer to reach the shares
Not sure if it will work, but it probably will

Thanks Redsolar;

I will try this later in the week when I get a little free time and let you know how it goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back