disconect from internet

J

julies37

this may seem like a silly question but I have just got a new computer with XP installed. When I close down internet pages Iam veiwing I sometimes get a box come up asking me do I want to stay connected or disconnect now. If this box does not appear or if I want to close internet connection and work offline how do I do this without closing down the whole system. I hope I have made myself understood not too good at this yet.
Thanks for any help.

Down in the corner by your clock you should see an icon looking like two computer screens when connected. If you either right click on it or double click then you will give the option to disconnect.

If you don't see the icon then go to start - settings - network connections and then your dial up connection. Right click on it and choose properties. Tick the "Show icon in notification area when connected" box at the bottom.

sweet......i've been missing winipcfg since i got xp. Good job APK

Actually, in XP, open up the status window for the network connection, go to the "Support" tab, and click "Repair". This does a automaic Release and Renew on a DHCP assigned IP address.

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back