discolor on the SNES... anyone get this too

CoDeNcE

Gene Yuss?
i was doing the project over game concoles, and i barrowed a friends and it was like a weird yello/green/pale and like it looks all weird. then wyatt said he's is sorta doing that too, anyone know how to help this, or has it happened to anyone else?

it's just how the plastic ages. alot of it could be from heat issues, from being ontop of tv's, tucked away in tv stands, sunlight, and the different composites in the plastic breaking down with age.

Mine is still grey. So is my NES.

my nes is too, but i wasn't talkign about that one, well like i said tho the snes isn't mine, but mine didn't do that quite yet, but if i still had mine i'd wouldn't of made this, but i find it odd to be many different colors...

Well...the whole thing isnt discolored. The middle part when the game goes into is normal and the rest of the system is all discolored.

edit: here is something to look at choady boner ( aka Cody Bogner):p http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=discolored+snes

edit 2: here is somethin from one of the sites in the search

The discoloration is actually caused by a chemical that nintendo used in treating the plastic of the casing of the SNES system. The chemical has an oxidation reaction with the air during time, causing the plastic to turn a yellowish hue. It was not present in all batches of systems, i think only in the newer ones.

edit 3: i read more on the site and a few said its the older ones that make the color. Which makes more sense too me but o well its figured out now :)

Mine is discolored. The whole thing has turned yellow, but the part where the cartridge does in is still grey. The weird thing is that it has never been in sunlight. It has been in a dark area on my entertainment center.

Its just the chemicals oxiding after so many years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back