Disabled ACPI, now what??

R

Resonance

I am getting bad shutdowns, and errors about drivers less than or not equal.

I disabled ACPI, and my cards finally recieved thier own IRQ addresses, but I still have no control over how they are assigned.

There is no bios option to assign any PCI/IRQ addresses, and I have the current bios for my board. I tried disabling IRQ steering, disabled MS table, as well as tried disabling pci controller 2.1

I need to get my audigy on IRQ 5, but I can only do this by moving it up to pci slot 1. Then my crashes get more frequent, I guess because its sharing resources with AGP?

If I go to hardware manager, I cannot unselect automatic assign resources.

Tech support for my computer and motherboard are no help.

Mother board is MSI k7t ver 2.1
Sound blaster Audigy platnium EX
PNY gf3 ti200 (28.23)
4-1 drivers installed
ACPI disabled, using standard PC
1024 sdram
400w antec powersupply

Please help.

It was a recommendation from creative support and other people on news groups.

Renable ACPI... Nothing good comes from disabling it...
There's a misconception that not having acpi will make everything better...

Win2k and Xp takes control of the IrQ's...

Since your already here... Try playing in the bios... Changing the plug and play OS to no and then changing the IRQ's around in the bios might allow you some control...

Hehe..

Been there. I disabled acpi and went to standard computer, but this caused more problems.
BUT then I couldnt figure out how to get my ACPI back.

Ended up reinstalling windows to my original settings.
Still get the IRQL_not_Less crap on occasion but It is usually when I have eDonkey running plus try to have 5 or 6 other things running at the same time.

Oh well, only happens once in a while.

BTW--How DO YOU REINSTALL (or reactivate ACPI) once you have gotten rid of it??? I know for a fact that resore does not work.

:D

Hehe..

Been there. I disabled acpi and went to standard computer, but this caused more problems.
BUT then I couldnt figure out how to get my ACPI back.

Ended up reinstalling windows to my original settings.
Still get the IRQL_not_Less crap on occasion but It is usually when I have eDonkey running plus try to have 5 or 6 other things running at the same time.

Oh well, only happens once in a while.

BTW--How DO YOU REINSTALL (or reactivate ACPI) once you have gotten rid of it??? I know for a fact that resore does not work.

:D

I am fairly sure that the problems with either the soundblaster drivers or eDonkey2000 taking over (or BOTH in combination more likely). If I figure it out I will post.

:(

I did it awhile ago with win2k... It should be possible with Xp...
But I won't try it to find out for sure...

I have a feeling its a creative lab and a mother board incompatibilty. Try getting the latest drv for your mobo bios. Like I said creative is to overhyped and if diamond monster was still around I would be using them still. I use turtle beach now and Im so happy:) .

I have figured out how to put it back on if you want to know.
Its just completely oppisite :)

Right click on my computer, go to manage, go to device manager, standard pc, manually select drivers, select ACPI. When done, reboot. Done this a few times already and no problems.

I have the latest drivers and what not for my motherboard. There is not an option to disable PnP in my bios. And there is no option in bios to move the irq around!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back