disable instert key

CHiLLaXen

hypnotika
my insert key is right next to my back space key and I keep hitting the insert button instead. Is there a way to disable the insert button?

yea, after searching and only finding shareware programs that disable the instert key, I think I'll be doing that.

I would rather pop a shim in there of some sort, for aesthetic purposes

cpugeniusmv said:
you could pop it off with a screwdriver :)
Best solution evaar! I did that to my damned Sleep/Power keys (Three buggers to the right of F12) :D

I have the beep thingy enabled...when caps lock, num lock, the sound alarms...I wish the beep thingy worked on insert

yeah i'm getting to the point i'm thinking about just ripping my damn capslock key off my kb :/

I love my insert and power keys :) i love all my keys equally

anybody got a good item to use to kinda jam between the kb and the key so the key is still on but you can't press it down ... I read about someone doing it someplace but I forgot what they used :(

Xie said:
anybody got a good item to use to kinda jam between the kb and the key so the key is still on but you can't press it down ... I read about someone doing it someplace but I forgot what they used :(
strawberry jelly?

hmmm...i don't know, perhaps take the key off...put glue in the hole and let it dry over night. then put the key cap back on.

never tried it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back