Disable Group Policies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desie

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey. I am currently at college and they have a server running Windows Sever 2003 and lots and lots of computers running Windows XP Pro. However I am annoyed about how tight there security is. It's doing my head it. They have even disabled the file menu, and the right click menu.

When XP Pro boots up on the workstations it kinda of grabs all the group policies settings from a central server. I was wondering if there are any work arounds to this. Almost everything is tightly wrapped on the pc's such as changing the time is disallowed.

So is there some kind of boot disk that can disable group policies? Or maybe enter a registry string? Though I doubt that could happen because regedit is disabled along with task manager and command prompt.

There was once a user called student.user with the password student. Because their network totally f*cked (couldn't get user settings, work etc, inet didn't work) and was wondering if there would be a similar account for an admin? Ta if you can help.

they are resticted for a reason, what you are asking to to basically hack the network + disable parts of it ;)

Perhaps you need to talk with the college sys admins, Bucko. If you need to do something legitimate, I'm sure they'll let you.

Anyhow, we're not going to help you disable the group policies. Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back