• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

disable f7 key

_kC_

hi, i have a laptop where the f7 key is stuck.

its a sony vaio and instead of buying a new keyboard for it, i was wondering how to disable the F& key altogether (i rarely ever used the f7 key anyway)
.. ive been searching google, and looked on microsofts site about scancode mappings, but cant find out how to do it.

anyone know the easiest way?

thanks

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
hi, i have a laptop where the f7 key is stuck.

its a sony vaio and instead of buying a new keyboard for it, i was wondering how to disable the F& key altogether (i rarely ever used the f7 key anyway)
.. ive been searching google, and looked on microsofts site about scancode mappings, but cant find out how to do it.

anyone know the easiest way?

thanks
try to assign the key to an app that doesn't run again once it's already running...use an app that you have running on start up

to assign the key the app shortcut has to be on the desktop

right click, go into the shortcut box and hit your f7 key

also, you can use one of those portable roll up keyboards and disable the native keyboard

I would think there's a registry entry for f7 though, I would also think there's a gpedit thingy to configure

since this free app can disable the key I would think you can do it through the registry

Last edited:

_kC_

thanks for the info, the guy has decided on a new keyboard instead, shipped to sony tomorrow, as they dont supply the parts, only ones i can find stocked is spares on ebay

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown