Disable Certain Internet for Non-Admin (XP)

dubstar

format c:
is there any possible way i can disable internet for Users on XP? I dont want them to be able to use Internet Explorer, but Do want them to be able to play games... is this a port blocking Issue? How do I ensure that they dont open up these ports on their own?

thanks!

Well, port 80 is for HTTP requests... you could always block that one. Would these people know how to block/unblock ports themselves? I'm not sure that their permissions would allow them to do so even if they knew how, that is if they are under a limited profile.

Other options: Disable the network adapter under that profile. Remove the IE icon from the desktop, start menu, and quick launch bar, and restrict access to the IE folder on the hard drive.

you can use zone alarm (Free) to block Internet Explorer from accessing the web and use zone alarms password protection to keep it from being re-enabled. Then games can be configured for net access Zone alarm download

You can do it by loggin in as that user and configuring Internet Explorer to deny all IP addresses, and then locking it with a password.

here.. a little more detailed...

Tools
Internet Options
Content
Enable
Approved Sites
Never
Set a password

Now... every time you try to access a site it will ask for a password. If you do not enter the correct password it does not display it.

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
here.. a little more detailed...

Tools
Internet Options
Content
Enable
Approved Sites
Never
Set a password

Now... every time you try to access a site it will ask for a password. If you do not enter the correct password it does not display it.

Bravo to an answer so simple but weilds so much power.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back