Disability Options in XP worse than 98se

G

geoand

Help please!

I've just upgraded to XP [Dual Boot with '98SE] and have come across a bit of a problem re 'Accessibility' using the new Disability Options. Hopefully someone can offer a tweak or similar.

My disability means that I must use the Numeric Keypad to control the mouse and use Sticky Keys for CTRL, SHFT, ALT etc.

Problem 1 is that with the mouse acceleration + mouse speed set at highest limits, it's still very slow and 'jerky'. It works great in 98se at about 90% of limits.

Problem 2 is using the sticky keys. I've selected 'silent' mode but still get a 'DOINK' noise from the computer's internal speaker every time CTRL, SHFT, ALT is pressed. ie, nearly all the time.

These may seem trivial to mouse users, but it's really driving me up the pole. Surely a new OS should be improving instead of going backwards OR is there something I can do to overcome these faults.

I've got access to XP !PLUS but haven't loaded it yet, since I'm having problems controlling the mouse & sticky keys! Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance. O, Happy New Year as well!

Try pressing ctrl + U

and you can configure the options better there hopefully

Thanks,

I've managed to switch off the 'DOINK' noise when using 'Sticky Keys' for CTRL, ALT etc - it wasn't saving the settings. Once I'd gone into 'Hibernate' mode and restarted, the settings stayed in the OFF position.

However, I still have real problems using the mouse when controlled through the Numeric Keypad. With the Mouse speed set at Max & the Mouse Acceleration also at Maximum - it's still not fast enough & is really jerky. (Still ok in '98SE)

Does anybody know of a Registry tweak or something to achieve more precise mouse movement using the Numeric Keypad? Thanks.

Thanks,

But no use, I'm afraid! I can use the 'Accessibility Wizard' ok, my problem is that I want the mouse Acceleration & Speed to go beyond the Maximum setting on the slider bar. At the highest option it's too slow when moving & the acceleration is jerky - I really need a tweak of some sort.

I appreciate this isn't an option most users have had cause to look at, never mind actually use *but* it's essential to my computer use. Any expert guidance on going beyond the Max settings for the Numeric Keypad Mouse options would be great.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back