DirectX10 & Games

N

Not Bman

K well Vista = DirectX10 right?

I was checking settings within Guild Wars and it says its using DirectX9.

Does a game need to support it for it to be used, or is there something wrong?

Yes, the game has to support it. Halo 2 will be dx10, Crysis also should have dx10 shaders in use.

You can still play dx8 and 9 games in Vista without issues though (or you shouldn't have issues._

I wasn't saying I was having issues, or expected I was going too. I just thought for what ever reason that all games installed in Vista would be using 10. Good to know.

best bet at the moment is to install the latest DX9 runtime on vista. It works (atleast 32bit) without issue. While DX10 will wrap dx9 calls some applications and games require dx9 files to be present.

Yeah no DX10 games out at the moment, but like anything else the hardware is backwards compatible so you can play DX9 games without problems :)

Crysis doesn't just 'should use shaders', Crysis IS DirectX 10! :p

Also, where a lot of games are failing because of no runtime existing probably has nothing to do with the fact that DX10 can't emulate DX9 and more that they are hard-coded to look for as specific DLL which doesn't exist.

I can't wait to get my hands on some of these games. ARGGG PC GAMER YEAH!!

Just remember that you need certain DX9 files sometimes in various DX9 games even if you have DX10 installed.

I'm just carrying on the rolling gag :)

I heard that you need certain DX9 files sometimes in various DX9 games even if you have DX10 installed.

You do - lets see how long we can go before we drive LordOfLA completely Fruitloop :)

He's halfway there already!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back