DirectX 10 For Windows XP.

binoyxj

PrOuD InDiAn
DirectX 10 For Windows XP

LOL i was googling for DirectX 10 updates for vista, and it turns out that result.

Did anyone ever tried this? Owh and do it at your own risk. I dont want anyone coming and finding my arse because their system died due to that mods :laugh:

Last edited:

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
i had researched it a while ago, but at the time i didn't have a dx10 video card..now i do and i use vista x64..give it a try and let us know!

chastity

Staff member
Political Access
I would be interested in knowing if it works and how well myself, not big on trashing a install myself though

zaroba

Lazy Bum
i'd download it to check it out, but the download link is broken.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Project died on Jan 6 2008. They could not make it work.

Even if they had they would have been stomping all over MS intellectual property and would have been sued into oblivion. DX10 is the only real added capability in VISTA over XP. The rest is slower code, eye candy and security patches. MS will never allow porting DX10 to XP.

DX10 is not public domain and can not be legally reverse engineered and moded.

zaroba

Lazy Bum
lol, you sound like you expect it being illegal to stop them from doing it :p
if they cared about its legality, they wouldn't even have tried it.

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
lol, you sound like you expect it being illegal to stop them from doing it :p
if they cared about its legality, they wouldn't even have tried it.

Ha there are plenty of scenes that pull off the same "illegal" stuff, I think if xp stays in support and with sp3 out, someone will pick it up!:lick:

dorfire

OSNN Junior Addict
I really don't think the FPS difference justifies installing it and risking your system...

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
Anybody tried out this themselves?

I had heard about a group trying to port it, but seems like they didn't make it. Sad for Windows XP users, however I'm not sure how many people are using DX10 compatible cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR