Direct Dial Up: Pre-existing Password??

M

mdbound

I'm running an upgrade version of xp pro (from 98se). when i used 98se, i had a direct dial in account that my friends used to dial in for direct head to head gaming. in xp pro, i've tried at least a hundred times to set up a dial in account for them again, but i keep getting hung up with the password and user names. when i assign them a user name and password, the password isn't retained by xp. once i set the user name and password and click ok, if i immediately click the properties of that account, the password has been changed by xp to: *************** (15 asterisks) in both the password and confirm password boxes. i can't figure out where this password is coming from, as i never even set passwords while in 98se. can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong? i can't figure out for the life of me, why i can't get my unique passwords to stick for these accounts. any help would be greatly appreciated. i've attached a picture to illustrate the problem, just in case it would help. thanks.

There is nothing wrong. Your password is still there. XP adds extra stars to make it harder to guess based on the number of letters in the password.

JJB6486

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, i appreciate finding that out. Now i guess i can start to troubleshoot the connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back