Direct CD Problem

K

kruger

Hi, I'm using DirectCD v 3.05
When loading it uses my cpu at 100% ALL the time until I unload the program by windows task manager!!!

Anyone that got a idea what's wrong???

Regards

Kruger:confused:

I fI remember right v3 isn't compatable with Xp... You'll need 5...

I find that using the built in burner is good for copying quick files...

At least other computers can read'em...

Just a thought...

AFAIK, *No* version of Roxio DirectCD works in XP, but this might be outdated news.

But knowing Roxio, I doubt it.

Roxio Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.02c works perfectly if installed correctly.

I guess I shouldn't have been so sarcastic... :rolleyes:

Direct CD 5 is supposedly compatible with XP, but according to many that I know, it is very flakey. This may vary according to what CDRW is used.

Since there is no update from 3.05 that I can see on Roxios site, kruger will have to buy new software. I would recommend buying Nero, as InCD seems to work much better for people that Direct CD. But thats just my opinion I guess.

Roxios software seems to be hit & miss at best right now. I cant recommend it on XP, even though I used to use it myself in W2K.
He's much better off purchasing the latest Nero, which doesnt require mind reading to install, and usually doesnt Blue Screen if you happen to install it wrong (which is difficult to do, unlike Direct CD).

Note, that I am not referring to EZCD Creator. I am referring to Direct CD, which is what the Kruger asked.

Better yet, I would recommend that he d/l the trial version of Nero to see if it fits his needs, then make a decision.

Hi, after reading all the post I must tell you all that I have used Nero a lot before, so I will try it out.
I'm the computers administrator, and it's only when I'm logged on that the cpu goes crasy.
If I login as a different user everything is ok!!!
But why bother, I'm going to install Nero and be a happpy chap!!

Regards

:DKruger:D

Originally posted by kruger
But why bother, I'm going to install Nero and be a happpy chap!!

Regards

:DKruger:D

Thats what I like to hear! :)

Later.

Nero's an excellent program...

Has anyone tried using InCD in Xp?!?

I have, it seems to work just fine for me, although I dont use it alot. I've never had problems with it AFAIK.

Hi, I'm using Nero now and no problems so far with it.
And, a lot more resources aviliable!!!
DirectCD sucks!!!

:D Kruger :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back