Digital Input flatpanels

T

Timeo27

Ok, so I'll be going to college soon and I've been considering my college computer (one of the most important aspects, lol) and wondering what to do about a monitor. Originally my dad wanted me to get a notebook so that it was easy to haul around, but I've decided on a good desktop. I need to save some space though, (and get something easy enough to carry home and to college twice a year) so I started looking at CRT monitors that have the least depth to them, and then it occurred to me to try an LCD monitor. But I still play a lot of first person shooters and such, so I'm trying to figure out if it will work for me.

I realize that most LCD's today don't have ghosting problems (at least I don't think they do) but I have heard that if the response time is not low enough 30ms - 40ms, then you can get some pretty low framerates. I also kind of wondered about digital input. I kind of lack in knowledge in the monitor department, so can anyone tell me what the major benefits are of digital over analog input, especially for gaming?

So if anyone has an suggestions, experiences, whatever, please post them. I am doing research of my own, but the people on this forum always seem to have a lot of good answers and suggestions.

i play cs,medal of honor, sof2, gta3

get 100 fps in cs
no ghosting
no ded pixels
refresh rate is 85hz at 1024X768

this monitor is almost 2 yrs old.........gonna upgrade soon

lcd monitor runs fine for gaming in my opinion

also im running it in analog.....too lazy to hook up my dvi cable......i might hook it up to another computer.....the monitor has a a/b switch so i can go between computers:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back