Digital camera Question??

M

mtbnl

I 've bought myself a digital camera, and i was planning to plug it in to my pc! With an USB cable, but something went wrong and now the pc can't find the camera! I tried everything, but now i can't install it again! Maybe somebody can tell me what to do, so that xp tells me i have new hardware, because i don't get that message anymore.

Thanx Ppl

JVC, But like i allready told, I've did something wrong by pressing the wrong button, because xp asked me, if the camera should be installed, i said yes, but xp couldn't find it, so i entered the cd from the camera, but there was nothing on it, just a few programms to work with, then i answered don't ask again if i would like to install the camera! So, my question is, How could i give xp a driver for the camera. so he can find the camera? it's usb

if it is usb just as soon as it get plug xp must recognized..........did u look in my computer to see if it is listed?? another thing did u turn on the camera??? dont get me wrong but it has happen to me in the past.........and to be honest the best thing u can do if to but a media reader so u can download the photos without plugin the cam, its the best way in my opinion not to metion is a liot faster to download the photos

If I remember correctly my digital camera was recognized as a removable drive. I would recommend doing like I did and find out what memory card your camera uses and buy a card reader.

Actually, I had a similar problem with my digital camera.

The problem turned out to be in my Bios info, I had the USB setting disabled.

It sounds to me that your USB setting is diabled in your bios. Enable it and the problem should be solved.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

nah, it detected it the first time, but when prompted for drivers, he hit "don't ask me again".. and it's doing just that.

you need to go into device manager. right-click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager

when the camera is plugged in, you shuld see it pop up with a yellow (!) next to it. you can then right-click on it and install drivers for it.

but most cameras don't require special drivers... they're just treated like another drive. for example; Drive H: under My Computer. make sure yours isn't already there first.

btw, what model is it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back