• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

digicam video problem

duked

OSNN Addict
Wasn't too sure if this is the proper thread for my problem. Basically, after uploading videos taken with my digital camera (Canon Powershot A510) when accessing the folder where the files have been uploaded to, explorer ends up not responding. This never happened before but has recently after the Canon software has been reinstalled. Could it be the files that are the problem or the software? Pictures upload fine.

NOTE: The alert I get says "data execution prevention" and that the problem is with windows explorer. Also noticed once the videos are taken out of the folder and pasted into the desktop, the videos work fine so I'm guessing perhaps it is explorer?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
interesting - never had anything like this. Did you file the error report with M$? Do you get that option? My guess is that somehow the Canon upgrade has indeed messed with explorer, or has it's own error internally which screws explorer. My first call would be to report this to Canon and/or explore their help system....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies