Different sized icons on desktop from those in explorer?

B

BlueSpam

How can I have my desktop icons a different size (48x48) than my folder icons, which I wish to remain at 32x32? I found the "large icons" toggle but this toggles them both...whereas I only want the desktop icons larger.

Display Properties - Apperearance Tab - Hit Advanced Button - Item: Icon then set the size to whatever you want

No, see, I want to maintain two different sizes of icons...those on the desktop at 48x48...and those in my folders at 32x32...I haven't seen any way to differentiate the two.

ok, for your folders, go to view, and choose 'Tiles' then go to Tool>Folder Options>View Tab> and click on Apply to all folders.

That should keep your folder icons at 32x32..

as for desktop, do you already have your icon on the desktp at 48x48? if not, right click desktop, properties

Appearance Tab>Advanced> For Item choose icon, and change size to 48x48, then click apply.

I dont really get what u said in the last post

I can't have my icons in folders the standard icon size w/o selecting tiles...that is, selecting 'icons' as the view.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back