Different resolutions for users??

E

efeezee

Hi all.

I have 2 users on my PC, me & my g/f.

I like to look at a 1280x1024 resolution, while she prefers 1024x768. I am running XP Pro with an NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti200 card. I thought that XP would retain individual settings, but it doesn't. I have tried on the newest Drivers, as well as the older ones in the XP Catalog that are signed by MS. No matter what, changing the res for one user, changes them both.

Any help on a tweak or workaround? or just something I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

I have 3 users on my computer running XP Pro, it retains the resolution settings for each user.

hmmmmmm

hmmmm

What video card are you using?

I almost think it was retaining it, but then it stopped. I used to have my g/f set up with the same res but larger fonts and I know it retained that. I can't recall if we had a diff res until now.

Anyone have any ideas?

You actually think I know what's in my PC? lolol...I use it I didn't build it but I guess if ya wanna know I can find out when I get home. :)

OK

Ok, please check. If anyone here is running a GeForce 3 card and this is working for them, I am all ears. I am not sure where to go from here. Thanks.

also

I even tried just using the same res but different DPI settings, but that didn't work either. I will keep trying, but I am anxious for some feedback from the regulars...

Thanks... :D

I too have the exact same problem :( My card is the GeForce 4 Ti4400 with the 28.32 Nvidia drivers.

well

:( I certainly was hoping to hear that I was the only one, meaning I had goofed something up which could be fixed... looks like that is not the case. Has yours ever worked?

This has been asked on the board several times now, and every time I think we've come to the conclusion you can't. As Win XP is designed for networking it would be silly for the res to be a user setting as if they logged into a computer with a different monitor/video card it might not work.

The fix was to get a small program (not sure what it was called) and put it in your startup, which changes the resolution for you

THANKS

Thanks... if anyone knows the app he is referring to please post the name or a link. I will search thru the old threads to see if I can find it...

I'm not one to agrue (hahaha sarcasm) but I've been on both of my daughters desktops and their resolutions is different then mine. I prefer all icons small while they prefer them larger. I haven't downloaded any programs to make it work this way. Don't know why it works but it does. :D

are you sure

are you sure it is the resolution and not just different icon settings etc? I am not arguing, but maybe thats the difference. If it is different resolutions, then that means I will be up all night trying to fix mine... :D

I am not trying to make an assumption that you are incorrect, merely trying to ultimately find out if it is or isn't possible.

Have you check the actual resolution settings? THANKS for your input.

I'll do that just as soon as I get home efeezee and I'll let ya know :)

Originally posted by Jewelzz
I'll do that just as soon as I get home efeezee and I'll let ya know :)

Sounds good... I will stop banging my head on the desk until I hear back from you... :D :D

This is hard to admit but, I WAS WRONG lol. Sorry efeezee, I could have sworn we had different resolutions. Good luck on your quest to find a program to run 2 different resolutions.

no problem

I appreciate your honesty. I will let you all know if I find a way... still looking for the app to automate it that was mentioned above...

OK

too tired to try tonight, but looks as if it may do the trick.

Thanks Q...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back