did you suvive??

B

Burpster

If you lived as a child in the 40's, 50's, 60's or 70's, looking back, it's hard to believe that we have lived as long as we have...

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Our cots were covered with bright colored lead-based paint. We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors, or cupboards, and when we rode our bikes we had no helmets.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle. Horrors.
We would spend hours building go-carts out of s****s and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. No mobile phones. Unthinkable.

We got cut and broke bones and broke teeth, and there were no law suits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was to blame, but us.

Remember accidents?

We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned to get over it.

We ate patty cakes, bread and butter, and drank cordial, but we were never overweight...we were always outside playing. We shared one drink with four friends, from one bottle and no one died from this.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, video games, 65 channels on pay TV, video tape movies, surround sound, personal mobile phones, Personal Computers, Internet chat rooms ... we had friends. We went outside and found them. We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door, or rung the bell, or just walked in and talked to them. Imagine such a thing. Without asking a parent! By ourselves!

Out there in the cold cruel world! Without a guardian - how did we do it?

We made up games with sticks and tennisballs, and ate worms, and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes, nor did the worms live inside us forever.

Footy and netball had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't, had to learn to deal with disappointment.....

Some students weren't as smart as others so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade. Tests were not adjusted for any reason.

Our actions were our own. Consequences were expected. No one to hide behind. The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law - imagine that!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors, ever. The past 50 years has been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

And you're one of them.
Congratulations!

I wanna go back, please can I go back to that time?

if you ladies send me 500$ each i will forward to each of you my easy to build time traveller plans

i accept Visa MC cash and other forms of payment :)

Originally posted by Burpster
if you ladies send me 500$ each i will forward to each of you my easy to build time traveller plans

i accept Visa MC cash and other forms of payment :)

What you really mean is that you'll take the money and disappear on your time machine :D
And what are these "other forms of payment"??? :eek:

I go back every now and again, and it's free. Marge, just close your eyes, you'll be back there in no time :)

I can go back to the Thirties, even better then. God, what times we had.

Time shall not weary them. nor the years grow old.

Ahh, well, we can all dream. :)

Thanks for the memories Burpster. ;)

Ok, just spotted something.. .seems quite lame...

but...

Jewelzz + Bman.. your sigs are like made for each other :eek: :eek: :eek:

:huh:

MdSalih

Originally posted by MdSalih
Ok, just spotted something.. .seems quite lame...

but...

Jewelzz + Bman.. your sigs are like made for each other :eek: :eek: :eek:

:huh:

MdSalih
Bman or Burpster?

Yikes the guy in J's sig is passed out with his shorts around his ankles ...least his boyfriend could have done is pull them up :)

my sig on the other hand if you look the girl is having a revelation after being Burpsterized :)

Originally posted by Burpster
Yikes the guy in J's sig is passed out with his shorts around his ankles ...least his boyfriend could have done is pull them up :)

my sig on the other hand if you look the girl is having a revelation after being Burpsterized :)
Looks more like your sigs g/f is having her way with her.

I wouldnt want any of you to go back in time, you would probably try to prevent me from being born or something

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back