Did we really make the skin?

T

TwistedMetal

Hey guys I know I am a newbie but i have been a fan of xp-erience and lately been outta town and just got back and went to xp-erience and was redirectd to here and saw the new skin i must admit it is a nice skin! Although it really makes me doubtful that we made it or downloaded it? because i remember seeing the same thing somewhere else before to..so i investigated...and the results amazed me...thought i might share it..the admins will probably hate me for this but you know...also i liked the old skin better it was easy to read and view..this is a little hard on my eyes..

http://www.vbskins.com/demo/indexekko.htm

30 bucks does it all..hehe..anyways

i would imagine they paid the 30 bucks to skin the BB ...hey EP's sig is ripped outta the orbitz skin is that pirate material?? lol

Originally posted by TwistedMetal
Although it really makes me doubtful that we made it or downloaded it?

So if we didn't make it download it, did it just appear? We purchased the skin (among others as my signature indicates) so that we could concentrate on restoring the rest of the site to it's former glory. All the hacks were removed to ensure that the issues we were experiencing were not related to my fiddling (turns out they weren't.. heh - waitng for vb3 tho)

There is no shame in paying good money for a kickass theme, I do prefer light colours myself but thats what the future themes will bring.

You tell him EP :)

It's a purchased skin. Perhaps one day we can have our own.

Ever hear of "out sourcing"?
All large businesses/organizations use it.
That's where they got me from.
Then I just wouldn't leave.
And they were stuck with me.
Sad. =\

Originally posted by madmatt
Ever hear of "out sourcing"?
All large businesses/organizations use it.
That's where they got me from.
Then I just wouldn't leave.
And they were stuck with me.
Sad. =\
I don't wanna talk about out sourcing :(

We didnt make the default vB skin that was on the old site either.
It doesn't matter what skin the site uses as long as its functional and looks good.

i dont really see why there is so much trouble over this topic!

There's no trouble.
I can see why people are curious about the skin as it IS used elsewhere and was purchased un-exclusively.
But im sure if these people took time to look around that there are plenty of sites that also use the default VirtuaNews and vB skins as XP-erience used to.
When the site was re-launched as NTFS.org we could have left it as it was, or invest even more money into it and make it look that little bit smarter.
So it was an obvious choice to make it look nicer for the users.

well said, every forum has a theme but its the users and the posts that make them worth reading and posting on. Fair play for getting a theme says me.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
We didnt make the default vB skin that was on the old site either.
It doesn't matter what skin the site uses as long as its functional and looks good.

No, I made it from scratch ;)

:) EP with all those hacks you added, I saw that xp-erience looked like, then when you reverted to regular VB for a few days, I was dead shocked.

All those modifications you did, really showed. Without them, xperience looked like crap.

vb3, which release is imminant, features all the hacks I previously had installed. Not worth installing them now when we will upgrade a little while after it is released.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back