Did SP1 slow down your computer?

Corvette

Sauske!
The question: Did SP1 slow down your computer like testimonials that appeared in the WinXPNews newsletter?

That was a rare problem that they did fix.

I installed XP Pro on my desktop in November 2001 and noticed no sign of performance degradation after I installed SP1.
My laptop came with an OEM XP Home SP1 installation anyways, so that wasn't a concern :)

I had some slowdown when I downloaded it the first time, but it has never slowed down when I installed it off my slipstreamed copy.

Amazing! That's another thing that has sent me in the direction of SP1 (With the other one being seeing if WindowBlinds 4 works with SP1) And which one fixed it anyway? Was it SP1 a?

I don't know what fixed it. It just worked right one day.

Yep, a lot. Every time Ive installed it it has (I format a heck of a lot, just waiting for my hard drive to feel the strain :p)

it slowed down my boot a fair bit

Yes, actually to the point where i noticed it. Thats why i have sp0 installed, no m$ updates. Pretty soon ill be running linux only since windows irratates me too much sometimes.

Originally posted by Enyo
"it slowed down my boot a fair bit"
Yes, AOL will do that :p

LOL! :p
AOL == the leech. Ones it's on, it won't get off.

put simply before ya know when ya start up you get the lil bar that goes across on the boot screen.....beofre sp1 it went across 3 times, after sp1 it takes 30+ times going across before it continures. apart from thst it is exactly the same.

no slow downs at all - I noticed a bit of a slower boot when I upgraded sp0 to sp1, but after a reinstall off my slipstream cd, its exactly the same (infact, its more stable than sp0 imo)

Well I have some good news!
This thread has been named an Hot Topic!!! This thread deservered a flaming paper icon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back