Dialup & Games

B

bluerave

When I am playing Simcity 3000 or Rollercoaster Tycoon, when I come back out of the game I am always disconnected from the internet. It could be as little as 5 mins, but always I am disconnected. Does anyone have this problem, or know a solution?

Using Win XP Pro
ATI Rage 3D LT Pro

Possible solution....

What is happening is that your internet providor is disconnecting you after a short period of innactivity from you...which means that if your not sending or recieving anything from the net your internet providor thinks your gone and ..boots you (its so you dont tie up the lines)usally after about 5 mins.

A solution is to use a small programme that sends tiny bits of info here and there fooling them into thinking your busy looking at things,a bit more detail is here you can also download the small programme here as well it works well as i had it a while ago before i got cable.....http://www.stayonpro.com/

Its shareware but pm me for more info !!

another solution...

Go into control panel --> network connection and right click on the ISP you use and select properties. Then click the options tab. Under redialing option it says : "Idle time before hanging up:" change this to never. I believe the default was 5 minutes...

Hope this works
-JeremyT

hey, u wanna give the money so that i can pay for dsl? cuz here in portugal it's not cheap, you fool. thought i didn't know dsl is better than cable?bah..when i say cable rules, it's cuz for me, it rules!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back