Dial-UP

L

LeonardB

Well, since i live in such a run down area for a minute, i am forced to use a dial-up connection. Is there anyone at all who has been successful in getting ICS to work over a dial-up connection? If so, post away, your help is appreciated. Thanks

LeonardB

How are you connecting between client and ICS gateway boxes?

ICS Over Dial Up

Well, The gateway machine and client are connected through a 4 port Linksys hub, nuttin major. I mean even when i ran the home networking wizard, i have not received good results. Sometimes file sharing works, and other times, none of the machines are on the network. Dont know what caused this problem.
But, ICS over a dial up connection does not ever work.

got ICS setup with a 5port edimax hub here
just di dit a few days ago

Host: 192.168.0.1
Client1: 192.168.0.2
Client2: 192.168.0.3

The client Gateways are 192.168.0.1 and the Client DNS is 192.168.0.1

The dialup i use on the host has been enabled for ICS
(network properties>right click on dialup account>properties>advanced... and then allow other networked computers to connect to this

thats it.

If you are using XP and say win9x (as opposed to both being on XP) i would use the XP cd
Put the XP cd in, other features and then its there... something about setting up a home network.
It will configure your other machines

if you need more help feel free to email me akash.j29@virgin.net
i know i may not be clear here but as you do things i can help ya step by step if you face any problems

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back