Dial up slow down

sy64004

OSNN Addict
I did a system restore and ever since my dial up connection has been terrible. Does anyone know of this problem??

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the modem but it's still really bad. it connects with no problems, but then it can't keep the connection alive, it goes from slow to dead, but doesn't disconnect. all I get is the "cannot load this page" error message

I have a Zoom V92 pci on com2, can anyone suggest a way of speeding things up or the best settings?? I have set all the compression, flow control settings to hardware, but I was wondering if there's anything in the registry that I can tweak. My ISP can't help, they told me to set the AT+MS=V90 in advanced settings, which didn't help

Thanks in Advance

I dont suppose your ISP happens to be Freeserve?

I wish it was, that would explain the slowdown!!!

I'm in greece and use a company called Forthnet. they are one of the better ones.

I checked the phone line and there is a slight noise problem, but that doesn't explain the way the connection dies. i have to connect and disconnect a few times before I get anything worthwhile

When this sort of things happens to me it always turns out to be the isp & not the system. Damn dialup. :mad:

I just got a good renewal deal on my subscription so I'm stuck with it for 18 months now.

Greece is still way behind on the technology front , especially these little out of the way islands even ISDN is a wet dream for us Dial up demons!!!!! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back