Dial-Up Problem with Extra!

SysProg

OSNN Addict
I rebuilt my system this past weekend in order to eliminate Windows ME (dual-boot configuration) and the partition it was on.
I've reinstalled all of the software that was running under XP and have encountered a problem. I also implemented NTFS while I was at it.

I have an ISP account that works just fine. If I launch Outlook Express, Netscape, Quicken, Norton's LiveUpdate, etc., the Dial-Up dialog comes up so I can enter my id and password.

I use Extra! version 6.4 for NT (TN3270) to get into work thru a second ISP connection (work only lets Internet traffic in if it originates from a SafeWord server). Since the re-install, the Dial-Up dialog is not opened when I launch Extra!. Prior to this past weekend, launching Extra! opened the Dial-Up dialog. Extra! works just fine if I manually establish the connection (either before or after launching Extra!).

Also, I cut/pasted all of the dialog boxes for both connections (including Internet Options, Outlook Express Accounts and Options, etc.) into a Word document prior to starting this project. All of the above settings have been set to be the same as the settings that were there before the re-install.

Any ideas?

congrats on removing WinMe...it's the spawn of the devils loins.

:D

as for your problem connecting have you taken a look at the settings in that Extra program you use.?

oDin,

Yes, I have checked the settings in Extra! and researched the Help file. I can't find anything that looks like it may help. Last night I un & re-installed Extra!, at the recommendadtion of a friend, and still have the problem.

Also, almost all of the settings for Extra! are stored in a logon profile - the file extension is .edp (Extra! creates a separate profile for every connection you define). I am using the same .edp profile as I was using before the rebuild of the system (this is also the same profile that is on my PC at work).

This is more of an annoyance than a problem. I may end up just having to live with it.

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

SysProg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back