dial up password

H

Hensoneno

I just installed xp pro on my amd 350 with no problems, but whenever I try to go on-line I have to re-enter my password everytime? I tried setting up another account and set it as my default saving password but lo and behold the very next time it asked for the pw again :rolleyes:

Hello

Try this....

Go on Start, Search, File or Folders

Under Name put *.pwl and go in the Look in field and look for your C: drive......hit Search after that.

That will reset your password and reboot your computer after that. Recreate a new connection in your Network Connection and try it......

Hope that will help you..........

Dialup password

Hello again,

I forgot to tell you to delete the *.pwl files that you are going to found.

Reboot computer after that, create a new connection and try it......

Good luck

Tried to search out my *.pwl file and no luck? man it's annoying . I guess consantly re-entering the password isn't too bad:confused:

Well.. whoever suggested that... try it before you send it. There are no pwl files in Windows 2000 or XP. If there are, I mustr be really stupid cause I could never find them anywhere on my disk on all of the 50 stations I have at work. And I did look for system files in system folders, and hidden files etc... PWL files only work for Windows 95/98/ME

Absolutely correct, Mr. Zee! Well, I guess even some XP Professionals have to learn it the hard way. Passwords are stored in Win2K in quite a different way, so the Win9X solutions don't work here. I've never had this problem in XP so I don't know if this will work, but just check here: support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q148925. It also applies to Win2K so that should work in XP as well (hopefully).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back