DI-704P Firewall

L

Luna64

Well I am going to take a big guess here and say that the hardware Firewall in my router is messing up my internet connection.

I made a post like this before, but lets see if this one will find some more answers.

First, I used to use a Linksys and everything was fine. Then one day I decided to upgrade the firmware, seeing how I love firmware updates :). Well that destroyed the router. Every 10 seconds it would lose my cable connection and downloads were impossible.

So I hooked up my old DI-704P D-Link and everything was fine again... I thoguht. Well with this new router I am having a hard time getting cookies to be stored on my PC. Some web pages store the cookies, no problem. Others can't do it at all. What I am getting at is that different web pages are unable to store my log in information. Examples are cdrinfo.com, livejournal.com, ezboard.com, and themexp.org . Not to mention that Windows Update no longer is able to scan my PC.

No matter how many times I log in, and I even told IE to accept all cookies, I still cant stay logged in. And seeing how I only changed the router, could it be possible that the firewall in it is messing things up ? I have the latest firmware and I dont know what else to think :huh:

What can I do ? I will go get a new router if needed, but which one would be a better choice ?

I have a DI-704P too.
It shouldn't be causing any such problems, but you could try enabling DMZ for your computer in the router configuration if you think it has anything to do with the firewall.

See if that helps. :)

Would I set it to run on my local IP (192.168.0.133) or the routers IP (192.168.0.1) ?

I turned it on, on my local ip and it did not help.

This is very confusing to me ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back