DHCP user class and Alternate TCP/IP configuration

aag_ossn

OSNN One Post Wonder
I have a little problem and I don´t know why this is happening. I don´t know if this is a bug or there is a reason.

I have setup a DHCP server and a user class to set several options on several computers using WinXP. I use "ipconfig /setclassid ..." on my laptop and it gets the appropriate settings form the DCHP server. I also set up an alternate configuration (IP, default gateway, dns servers, everything manual...) to be used when the DCHP server is not available. The problem is that when my laptop uses this alternate configuration only the IP is asingned to the interface, no gateway, no dns,... Then, if I remove the classid from the interface it succesfully gets the IP, gateway and DNS servers from the alternate configuration.
Does anybody know any reason for this behaviour? Is there any solution? I don´t like to be all the time setting and removing the classid from the interface.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back