Device Driver Problem, Which one?

J

joshuajme

I am getting a bsod at random times and all my games are crashing constantly, namely soldier of fortune 2. Most of the time the game just closes down but it sometimes gives me the bsod with 0x0000008E (device driver) or just freezes altoghether and doesnt even go blue on me. I have tried re installing the game to.

No driver is identified on the screen. The game is splurting out the following errors in the error log;

Faulting application sof2mp.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module sof2mp.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000b068c

Faulting application sof2mp.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x04abb547.

Faulting application sof2mp.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x01a8fc44.

The application, C:\Program Files\Soldier of Fortune II - Double Helix\SoF2MP.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 10/07/2002 @ 23:59:12.156 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0048A3FF (SoF2MP)

But this error is coming up out of games to. At first i thought it was the sound so i re installed the drivers and tried newer drivers, tried disabling the device all together and the game and os are still crashing.
Graphics wise I have tried the latest beta xp 40.72 and the 30.82 ones which have no affect on the crashing. There is no current BIOS updates either. The report from microsoft is as follows:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/Response.asp?SID=77

Any1 have any ideas on how to find the driver in question?

Sys specs;
Gigabyte 7VAXP KT 400
AMD XP1800
TT Volcano 9
512 mb PC3200
2x 40gb Maxtor on Promise 20276 RAID 0
GF4 Ti4600 Asus Deluxe
SB Audigy Player
DVD/CDRW .........

I would update all your drivers...can't go wrong there, and it might help

go to google and search for sof2.exe. I found that there is a patch for the problems that you are having by searching on google. It is a problem with soldier of fortune 2.

Ok its not going to help suggesting getting patches, every device has the latest driver available. Including sof2, which is on ver 1.02. Any other ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back