W

waddy

Just spotted these official drivers over @ Nvidia

go and grab them @

Nvidia.com

Release Highlights for Detonator XP v23.11:

Highly optimized DirectX® and OpenGL® pipelines
New OpenGL 1.3 ICD with NVIDIA extensions
NVIDIA’s patented Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) – supports all products in single a driver binary
Full hardware acceleration of Windows XP
Fastest Windows XP 2D and 3D Performance
NVIDIA XPress Link
Full hardware acceleration for Windows XP’s new graphical user interface
Download the Detonator XP Technical Brief for more information
International Language Support
Compatibility fixes
WDM 1.08 Driver for Personal Cinema
Installation Hints:

"Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers.
Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

what the difference between the GPU and the WDM drivers? do i get them both?

im vid card illiterate :)

GPU - Graphics processing unit (download that one)

WDM = Windows Driver Model (WDM) Technology
WDM provides a common set of services for developers to create drivers that are compatible across Windows operating systems for certain device classes

Finally my prayers have been answered..........perhaps

i hope this fixes a few problems that i've been having with performance and compatablity with CS.... well we'll just wait and see..

These drivers seem to work fine for me. In quake III I am getting 125+ fps Not any noticable improvement but didn't seem to hurt anything :p

One question though...should I have removed the old drivers first or does it over write them automatically??

I upgraded to the latest drivers and my system seems to be working fine, but when I installed them XP said that they were not certified as Windows compatible or something.

Did anyone get that message too?
Odd message to get considering the drivers are from Nvidia and presumably certified compatible.

Yes got that "error" message, it's just that the drivers is so new that Microsoft hasn't tested them yet to certificate them, only the native drivers from microsoft and the old 21.83 driver had this certificate...There's no problems with this though..

Benchmarks

I thought i would run 3Dmark 2001 pro and compare the 22.80's and the 23.11's and see if they made any difference ...

All tests were @ 1024x768 - 32bit color & 85Mhz Monitor Refresh rate

The test system specs

config.gif

22.80's Results

23.10xp.gif

23.11 Results

23.11xp.gif

ill post pics like waddy did in 15 mins, but i was running through and i noticed that i had a 1259 at 1024x768x32bit then in 16bit i get a 2117, thats quite a large difference.

well time to go take screenshots

detonator drivers

Hi there can anyone tell me which one of the drivers do i download for the detonator xp type ? GPU or WDM ? i have a g-force 2 ultra card ...thanks..........

you would need to get the GPU drivers.

grrr...ATI never updates their damn drivers....

Problem with 23.11's

I installed the 23.11's, received the nasty message that they were not certified. I continued with the installation.

Then........

My computer would freeze, then re-start numerous times.

I had to rollback the driver to the old 21.83's

Anyone else have this problem?

Tank.

I had exactly the same problems as tank. I installed the new 23.11 drivers then my system crashed and it booted again and again, I had to reboot in safe mode and roll back to stable 21.83 drivers.
:mad:

detanators

Hi there i installed the 23.11 drivers i,m running windows xp home with xp processor,works ok so far playeda game to test it seems ok for now ...

i just installed the 23.11 everything seems to be okay so far, i ran the 3dmarks2001 benchmark and got a 4519, my previous scrore was 4505 with the 22.50.

Do the NVIDIA reference drivers support the ASUS 3D shutter glasses? Just curious...

Oh, yeah, and how do I tell this forum thing that I am using XP Pro, not XP Home?

I am also having the same problems as Tank and Domi...

I'm running the Tiger MP dual motherboard with the AMD 1800+ MP processors with the Asus V8200 T5 GeForce3 card.

The system just barley shows the desktop and crashes.

I'm wondering if this only happens to AMD systems or are people having the same trouble with the Pentium chips???

Well I tried again to install the 23.11 NVidia drivers and had several problems. I thought it might help uninstalling the previous stable one (21.83) then installing the new drivers from scratch. I got similar "symptoms" as in my previous attempt. Twinview works in a very strange way, either allows only a 800*600 resolution on my monitor and TV , or it constantly took TV as the primary monitor no matter how many times I tried to change it.
The main reason why I would like a nice driver set is that I have a PIXELVIEW GForce2 MX Video In-Out graphics card, with tv-out and video capture chip (Philips wit nvidia drivers). Ever since I started using Windows XP Professional video capturing will not work. With the latest NVidia WDM video capture drivers (version 1.08) the maximum I achieved was to make the system recognized that the video capture exits at all, but it still not able to capture, although the video capturing programmes now recognize the driver but they are unable of showing/capturing the images.
My configuration is:
AOpen AX6BC mainborad (440BX Intel chipset), Intel Celeron 600 Mhz (Overclocked to 900 Mhz), 512 MB RAM, PixelView Geforce2 MX (190/180 mhz) 32 Mb ram with video in/out (phlips capture chip).
Anyone can help me on this?

Thanks!;)

im am not up with video capture , but it sounds to me like you should contact Nvidia with that problem....

sounds like a major driver issue there:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back