detect xp cd-key?

S

Spider

ok guys! here's the problem:
I bought a new PC, XP Pro (OEM) came installed with it.
Now, i think some win files are corrupt. I didn't get a XP CD with it. But i dont have the CD-KEY!!!!
I went thru the registry, got a 20 digit Product ID. CD-Key is 25 digit!! I searched the forums, and got that as the answer, but it didn't work. How do i find out my cd key for windows thats installed on my HD? BTW, windows works fine, so i can still use xp.

ring up microsoft and ask tham about your query, you will get better feedback there probably

Spider email or pm me your email addy. I have a little program that will show you the current CD key that XP is running on. Cant remember where I got it to link you to it but I can send it to you if you want.

(legal) OEM computers generally come with a label on top or back of the case stating an original license and assigned serial number to that piece of hardware.
the fact they didn't give you an (original) XP CD or recovery disk suggests they sold you a computer with a pirated copy of XP.
this happens quite a lot. always expect to have original license, serial and CD when buying OEM computers.

Thanx all!

Thanx all!! frankly, i didn't expect the responses to be so quick!!! within a few hours, i had my problem solved! thanx dadx2mj!! and i shall follow up on wot u said rootz! Tho i was promised a licensed copy, i'll check it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back