destroying laptop mobo & cpu

G

gh057

hiya here the problem i sent in my vaio to pc richards like 6 times already the stupid thing keeps rebooting , and a whole bunch of other problems i dont care to explain , i've got a 3 year warrant ( extended ) and the thing is if they cant repair the laptop they will refund or give me exchange of equal value.
Note: no water damage , no physical damage that is evident

any ideas ? i know it sound silly that some one is trying to destroy their laptop but its cutting into my work time as well as school

never mind found the answer but ran into a different problem i was using paint thiner to clean the laptop and accidentally erased the service tag # and the serial # any ideas on how i can find it?

thx

Is the serial number or service tag in the BIOS ???

You erased them. How are you going to find data you literally wiped out?

What's going on? If your laptop is broken then surely they will fix it? And if they can't you'll get a new one? I'm not sure I follow - do you want to irreparably damage your laptop so they give you a new one?

You used paint thinner on a laptop?

Good job. That probably just voided the warantee even if you can find the original serial number. They print the numbers on the case to ID them for warantee purposes.

There may or may not be one stored on the HD, probably not.

There is a backup copy of the serial on the original box and on the manual / warantee paper work you threw away when you threw away the box.

Hey

even I am in the situation to destroy my laptop.

Can you give me some hints to destroy my laptop?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back