Destroy Your Hardware!!!--any way... any how

Wear gloves and goggles (hell if you look stupid, the camera can't see it anyway ;)) I doubt they hold charge for years, although if you feel like beating the crap out of it with a wooden bat/pole/stick/badger to be safe.. it'll still be amusing :D

gonaads, just out of curiosity, how the f*** did you get the powerbook the burn so well? was it aided, or is the little bastard that flammable ?

o_87 said:
I can't believe you actually burnt it. I have a very old monitor that smells like its burning when I turn it on. I suppose I coudl so something with that. Suggestions? :D

First get some Magnesium, pour it down the top vents. Then some Charcoal lighter fluid, also some on outer surface. Next 10 foot extension cord, plug cord from monitor into extension cord (make sure that other side of extension cord is NOT plugged in).

Now make sure that the power switch on the monitor is on. set camera or have someone else be ready with camera. Using rubber gloves (latex kitchen gloves should work)and wearing goggles/safety glasses, plug extension cord into electrical outlet, enjoy show, take pics, watch out for shrapnel. Then post pics here. :D

SPeedY_B said:
gonaads, just out of curiosity, how the f*** did you get the powerbook the burn so well? was it aided, or is the little bastard that flammable ?

Gasoline (Petrol) and Magnesium. The Magnesium is for a light show (witch I did not get pics of :(), it burns very very hot. The Fuel did the rest. :D

Hehe.. magnesium is hilarity :p

But dangerous.. don't mess with it, kids ;)

gonaads said:
First get some Magnesium, pour it down the top vents. Then some Charcoal lighter fluid, also some on outer surface. Next 10 foot extension cord, plug cord from monitor into extension cord (make sure that other side of extension cord is NOT plugged in).

Now make sure that the power switch on the monitor is on. set camera or have someone else be ready with camera. Using rubber gloves (latex kitchen gloves should work)and wearing goggles/safety glasses, plug extension cord into electrical outlet, enjoy show, take pics, watch out for shrapnel. Then post pics here. :D
Now that would be awesome. Just sounds really fooking dangerous :p

o_87 said:
Now that would be awesome. Just sounds really fooking dangerous :p

No pain, no gain. :p

Just use the BBQ lighter fluid, nothing else and make sure you have more than enough distance. Safety First... unless fun gets in the way. :D

monitors can kep a charge over several hundered volts in their capacitors IF you turn off @ monitor, then @ plug. this is because the charge is stored up.
to get rid of it:
turn off montor, unplug it, then press power button again. you will see the monitor power up for about 0.2 seconds with the power left in it from the capacitors ;)

Bah, I actually knew that. Heh, nice thinking Heny :)

Henyman said:
monitors can kep a charge over several hundered volts in their capacitors IF you turn off @ monitor, then @ plug. this is because the charge is stored up.
to get rid of it:
turn off montor, unplug it, then press power button again. you will see the monitor power up for about 0.2 seconds with the power left in it from the capacitors ;)
Thanks for the tip. Now I just need some time to pull this off :p

*calls 911 in advance* :p
Anyway, Plain burning stuff is boring... now exploding them is fun :D

make sure you are not standing "in front of" the screen when you hit it. They have a tendency to blow outwards.

A welding mask with a clear safety lens is better, especially if you're in the pic. It'll make ya look like some mad man. :D

Here's one I found. Now this is a great way ta deal with a misbehavin MotherBoard. :D

I've been shocked by a running CRT, had to sit down for an hr but other than that im good. If anyone can tell me how much voltage a 1998 17inch moniter will discharge while working that would be awesome. But a few 3inch shotgun shells and maybe a few firework balls would do fine.

I would say napalm but....*cough* it's illegal...as far as i know.

anybody have any video of these kinds of things? i wouldnt mind taking a look.

nope, but a friend of mine (Oli on the site, killed a keyboard and router etc) has recently purchased a DV cam.. so I'm sure we'll get footage if we can find more things to kill :D

Duggenfruzze said:
I would say napalm but....*cough* it's illegal...as far as i know.

I see you've never made bath tub napalm. :D

I could tell ya how ta make it... buuuuut... naaaaaaa :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back